Aquatic Plant Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Banned
4,002 Posts
So he put up JBJ for $53 or $55 and then changed it to Milwaukee? Is that the deal? It just goes to show if something looks to good to be true, it usually is. That is LESS than what his cost would be for the regulator. When I saw it, I figured he must be selling it at cost to get rid of stuff he hasn't sold. Close out sale. Guess not. But even for Milwaukee that is right around cost. Even Troy won't sell at cost! :shock:

And by the way, the SMS 122 does come with one packet of 7.01 calibration fluid. If it is Not being inlcuded, then someone is removing it before shipping it. And the bottles do not retail for $15. They retail for about $8. At least that is what I sell them for when I have them.

· Banned
4,002 Posts
Well the whole WEB site is down for me right now...

Planted tank is being very cautious about permitting negative feedback. Not to make their advertisers happy, but to protect themselves. Their vendor review forum has become so restrictive there isn't really any point in having it. I told Kyle he should just do away with it and have much less head ache and keep everybody happy. But he won't do that.

If he is arugueing that Milwaukee is better and and has been more reliable, I would take issue with that. Anyone that has been following the threads on Planted tank for the last three months can see the differences between them and read more complaints about Milwaukee than JBJ. Most people figure it out themselves and make their own choice any way.

· Banned
4,002 Posts
Why bother? It is deleted, gone, and will soon be forgotten, why not leave it that way?

I have a bit of a problem with all this people have the right to know stuff...

I will give you an example of one site that takes it too far. On aquariumadvice a couple of people complained to the WEB master that one of their sponsors was not answering email or phone calls for a week or two. The WEBmaster went ballistic on the sponsor publically on their forum stating we will not tolerate this horrible customer service to our forum members from one of our sponsors and I am dropping them as a sponsor. Which he did, but he also left his condeming post on his site for all the world to read til the end of eternity. Probably still there.

Now he has no idea what happened to this company. What if the guy had a heart attack, is in the hospital, or his Mother died...get my drift? What is the point of having him on permanant public record? Talk about being professional, do you think any magazine, newspaper, TV station would brand someone like that?

The same thing could happen to me. I live alone. I have no employees. What if something happened to me where I was incapacitated for three months? Should I be dragged thru the mud because of my absence? What if I dropped dead while advertising on aquariumadvice.com? Nobody would know, my WEB site would keep going on forever until the domain name fees were due, and then would disappear. Except I would always be remembered on Aquriumadvice.com as the guy who stopped answering his phone!

One thing I learned from the infamous PWs lawsuit was, getting revenge on someone because they mistreated you is not worth it. It is not worth the trouble or the pain. It doesn't really accomplish anything. Even PSW had their loyal customers thru the whole thing.

So this guy blew his top and said some nasty things. He will either repeat this or learn from it. Doesn't mean he should be branded.

· Banned
4,002 Posts
My guess would be he is selling stuff at cost or below cost to get rid of stuff that he has not been able to sell. He even admits that it is at cost and he is not making any money at it.

I am no friend of his by any stretch, but I feel sorry for them. They made an honest mistake and agreed to refund anybodys money that wanted it. It is unfortunet that it got ugly and all parties couldn't just let it rest at that point instead of getting ugly.

They must have deleted all the swearing, because reading what is up there now, it really doesn't sound all that unreasonable on the vendor in question. People kept telling him he should make good on the offer, but seemed to miss the point that they did not have any JBJs in stock to make the offer good... oh well, I am just glad it is not me people are mad at! :shock:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.