Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I do not know if this odd or not. I have about 30 Amano shrimp and 14 are now carrying eggs. Most all seem to be at the same developmental stage. Do they spawn en masse or it merely coincidental they all decided to around the same time. They are from various sources obtained at different times.

·
Registered
676 Posts
I had two of my females carrying eggs within days of each other. Unfortunately they've either gone into hiding or have dropped their eggs since I no longer see any pregnant females. I even setup a 2 gal tank that I was going to try raising the larvae in :(

Hope you have better luck with your.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Wow..hope you have better luck!! But it seems to me that their mating and spawning season is about now, as in my tank some of my yamatos are carrying eggs. Some fellow forumers in Singapore are noticing their shrimps with egg.. Cool!

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Yes, there are several environmental factors that can trigger spawning, with one probably being the length of day telling them it's spawning season. Other factors could include a water change hitting at just the right time with a low barometer, or things like that.

·
Registered
63 Posts
My Amano are continually breeding .. always have two or three carring eggs. But of course with salt water I don't get any shrimp fry.

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
:? Amano shrimp in a saltwater setup?

My Amanos spawn regularly, I have a least one carrying eggs all the time. But they will not survive unless you gradually add salt to the water for the babies. Most people like me cannot because of the other fish occuping the tank. Here is a link to help on breeding Amanos...
http://mikes-machine.mine.nu/breeding_yamato.htm

·
Registered
63 Posts
Same here .. also don't think the plants would like the salt either.
I have thought about setting up a 10 gal to try and raise them by adding salt. Nut have read about how difficult it is, so didn't feel I would have much luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.