Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Premium Member
3,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Someone asked about the Aqua Design Amano line of fertilizer products so I'll summarize what I know here. As some of you may know, I was the US importer for Amano back in the late 1990s.

ADA's fertilizer line is the Green Brighty Series. Amano took a step approach that I agree with- Step 1 (0-3 months), Step 2 (3 months - 1 year) and Step 3 (1 year +). In addition to these, there is Brighty K (potassium carbonate), Green Brighty Light (for high-light plants) and Green Brighty Shade (for shade-loving plants). He also uses a series of supplements that contain enzymes, amino acids, humics and vitamins- ECA, Phyton-git, Green Gain, and Green Bacter (adds nitrobacter & nitrosomas).

ADA doesn't disclose what each consists of except to say that Step 1 is only a trace nutrient cocktail, Step 2 adds some nitrogen and Shade and Light add "those things low-light or high-light plants need."

ADA also has a line that was never carried in the US. It is called the Penac line and is from Germany. It is said to restore the bio-rhythm of the aquarium as a whole. Not know much about that, I didn't carry it.

Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure:

· Registered
48 Posts
Penac is use in France by some aquarist.

From what I know about the use there are 2 main products : a powder and the thing on the photo which you are supposed to put in your filter.

The goal of the product is to make water cleaner.

I think it act as a sort of coagulant but his inventor present it as something quite mystical which should give good vibration to water or something like this (!)

It's a really controversial product which always make polemic when you talk about it in France.

You can see the website of the "inventor" here : http://www.rplocher.com/

· Registered
4,116 Posts
Ok, so how much Fe, N, P, or K do these products add to the water?

Art, have you ever checked the for the above elements after adding the recommended dose of certain ADA chemical?

As I noted before - from what I read Amano's tanks always have 0 or negligible (0.6) N and P.

(And no, I'm not in a quest to duplicate an Amano tank, hehe)

--Nikolay

· Registered
59 Posts
I've heard a story about a Malaysian LFS who used the entire combination of:

Bacter 100 + Clear Super + Tourmaline BC + PenacW + PenacP

He was tearing down the tank which was a few years old and the roots of his stem plants was pretty damn long, spanned the entire length of the tank and was stucked to the bottom of the tank.

· Registered
552 Posts
Hey!! thats my LFS! he's the dude that told me to use the whole line....(Im from Msia btw) i find all ADA products pretty useful... sure it ain't that cheap and they do not tell you what it dontains.. but thanks to all of the ferts. i used.. all my plants are exceptionally healthy..(Im an all out ADA user btw.. except for the hardware=P only fully use their chem. and fertz.and aquasoil products)..

If you're talking about the penac line... There's Penac A, penac W and Penac P... all these 3 products contribute to the cleaniness of the water, stability of it and health of plants..(P=plants W= water A=?... I think...it helped me out just fine so im not doubting ADA) lol peace!

Chuppy(Drew)

· Registered
59 Posts
Hey!! thats my LFS! he's the dude that told me to use the whole line....(Im from Msia btw) i find all ADA products pretty useful... sure it ain't that cheap and they do not tell you what it dontains.. but thanks to all of the ferts. i used.. all my plants are exceptionally healthy..(Im an all out ADA user btw.. except for the hardware=P only fully use their chem. and fertz.and aquasoil products)..

If you're talking about the penac line... There's Penac A, penac W and Penac P... all these 3 products contribute to the cleaniness of the water, stability of it and health of plants..(P=plants W= water A=?... I think...it helped me out just fine so im not doubting ADA) lol peace!

Chuppy(Drew)
Haha:eek: I'm going to use that combination in my next tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.