Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found out about Ammania sp. Sulawesi while browsing an obscure chinese website. I would like to know if any one in the US has heard of this plant and if there are any live specimens to be had stateside. The green stem on a pink leaved plant is truly a sight I would love to see in my own tank, what a beautiful plant.

·
Administrator
7,388 Posts
I think that one has been going around as a Rotala for a while now. I'm inclined to think it's more likely that. It's supposed to be pretty fussy.

I was surfing through there too, and after a while it said my IP was blocked! What the heck is that? Did it happen to you?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yo Cavan, hook a brother up! if you know where I can find this Rotala/Ammania species please let me know where. I have a soft water, high light, high flow setup which has an awesome track record at growing finnicky plants very well.

I was browsing with google translate and yeah after a while my IP was blocked too. I dont know what that was about, maybe I was just humping the site too hard. I can still view the site without the translator though.

·
Registered
481 Posts
It's supposed to be pretty fussy
It is. I lost it a few times but I got the hang of it now it seems...got my fingers crossed. It's in a low light tank currently so it looks a little dull, but it gets a beautiful when under higher lighting. I'm currently working on consistency / figuring out what it likes so color it not important to me right now.

·
Super Moderator
5,865 Posts
I had this one a year ago. Then I had it again. Now I don't have it anymore. Yes, it is fussy. ;)

·
Registered
481 Posts
TexGal said:
MrKookm - YOU are incredible!! I know I can always count on you! I need to live closer so I can take classes!
Noo....actually I'm still relatively a newb and still learning believe it or not. I read and experiment a lot and that has helped me to dial in my tanks :)

Coralite said:
What rare plant does mr.kookm not have?
Not as many as I would like to have, but I have a few and always woking on getting more.

AaronT said:
I had this one a year ago. Then I had it again. Now I don't have it anymore. Yes, it is fussy.
I had this one that long too I just kept on killing replacement after replacement :rolleyes: I was a clueless newb who liked uncommon stuff back then, but didn't know how to keep them :( These days I'm a more knowledable newb who is getting to knows his plants well, but still have lots to learn :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts