Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone tell me something more about this plant? Maybe a picture? Any experience you want to share

Thank you,
Sven

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I've seen this plant, it looks similar to Lobelia but it is more robust and with prominent white-veins throughout the leaves.

·
Registered
426 Posts
[img=right:d6c3758af9]http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forum/album_pic.php?pic_id=1062[/img:d6c3758af9]
Svennovitch said:
Could anyone tell me something more about this plant? Maybe a picture? Any experience you want to share.
Sven. I have not read any accounts of this species' use submersed, aside from Robert Hudson's previous post, so I can't reference any sources. But to your right is a photo of it (most likely of an emersed specimen) from Oriental Aquarium, scanned by Charles Niautou.

Do grow it and report back with your experience. [smilie=t:

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
I grew it a long time ago and got bored with it. I do not think it is all that attractive submersed. I think it grows much like Rorippa aquatica or Proserpinaca palustris, (slow with lots of light) also North American marsh/bog plants. You have done well with Proserpinaca palustris Sven, so you may not have any trouble with this plant.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts