Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I have posted in Aquabotanic with some input of my tank. You see, one of my tanks could be classfied as such. It is an 18-gal with 30W NO; very low light set-up. Presently, I have 7 individual Wendtii growing nicely in the middle to the back of the tank. These don't grow taller than 3-in., so essentially they have become the 'carpet' of this tank(I consider myself very lucky in this case:p) Another detail about this tank is I purposely don't top off the tank to make it near 15-gal(18 without substrates); it is more close to 12-14 gal by sight estimation. On the left is a large drift wood that has protruded as a result. So in a way, it kind of resemble a paludarium, with 2/3 of it water and 1/3 of it land by the wood. On this piece of wood there isn't much area but I still managed to cram several different plants on it. There are 2 Ciliata plantlets, few strands of lilaeopsis, one root system of dwarf hairgrass that is sprouting new leaves, some of Gomer's Monosolenium tenerum, a large covering of Java moss where all these plants are on, 1 or 2 Hygro Green temple, and 1 surviving Nana petite. Sounds like alot but it is not because all these are either leftovers from other tanks or cuttings and trimmings I saved. As of now, I've ordered few more Wendtii, Lucens, and Walkeris. These I plan to fill in the front of the tank to make the overall layout more complete. Given my poor light setting, I truly appreciate and thankful for the wonderful quality and versatility of these plants: Cryptocorynes will forever be one of my favorite all-time plant genera!

Paul

1 - 1 of 1 Posts