Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Well, about the only thing I would say is that you should make sure that the substrate under your C. petchii stand is thicker than under the C. 'willisii foreground or you won't see them. They are about the same height in my tank, growing next to each other.

I would use a different Limnophila than the L. sessiliflora, which isn't the most attractive plant. L. aquatica, L. 'gigantia', or L. aromatica would be better choices in my mind. Besides if you are in the US L. sessiliflora is on the Federal noxious weed list and is not supposed to be for sale.

Any thought to using Cryptocoryne moehlmannii instead of the Hygrophilia?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I forgot that the Barclaya was there, but you know if it is the red form I think it will make an interesting contrast against the light green of the C. moehlmannii, which is not the typical dark olive green you are used to seeing when you have crypts.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Error said:
Bingo! That's why I wanted the difformis there to begin with. Same shade of green as the C. moehlmannii.

Do you think there will be any issue with the leaf shapes being too similar?
That's why I started talking about the colors, the similar leaf shapes would be a problem if you got a green Barclaya but not if it's red.

I posted a pic of my mostly crypt tank in this thread, but the tank is even more overgrown then that at the moment and requires some severe pruning.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts