Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We appreciate all of your patience with the site speed issues that we've been experiencing over the past week or two.

The folks at CrowdGather have explained that this is a result of a rather large hardware upgrade that they're currently in the middle of. This is affecting all of their forums, not just APC. When it's done, their new servers should be among the fastest forum servers on the Internet.

Please realize that people are working on this and we'll be back to warp speed as soon as possible.

Sorry for the inconvenience. It affects us too. The staff at APC are as addicted to their daily (sometimes hourly) ;) APC fix as everyone else!

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
FYI, The support guys are telling us that the recent problems should be just about gone. When they're done, APC will be on a dedicated server all to itself.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I've already seen a big improvement in response time compared to the last few days.

·
Registered
5,302 Posts
Hi Bryce,

Thank you for the update on site speed, it is nice to know that there will be an end to the problem. The site speed seems to be better today, hopefully the server updates are completed soon. When dealing with problem situations I always found that keeping people informed usually minimized the amount of "heat" generated. Please continue to keep us informed as things progress.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Thanks 4 the updates! I thought it was just my computer, and mach 2 sucks when your used to warp 9 (make it so, number 1):rolleyes:

·
Registered
124 Posts
np guys, this is actually just the beginning speed wise. You guys are still sharing the server with some other things.

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Is it possible it affects different parts of the country differently? Because I am seeing no difference, in fact if anything its worse. I have the fastest broadband cable for business that is available, and I am getting time outs. Now a few weeks ago when other people were having problems, everything was hunky dory for me.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I agree with R.H. I've had intermittent service on APC, even when most folks are saying there conection is great... And great service when I hear about people having problems. It's not my connection

[URL=http://www.speedtest.net]

I worked on servers for years, and I know it's Hardware, and software that makes everything run smooth. I can't wait to see how the forum runs on it's new dedicated server!!! So for now I can handle it without complaint.

APC still Rocks!!! :rock:

·
Premium Member
83 Posts
seems like the site is running slower than ever right now for me, other sites are running normally, this one is V - E - R - Y S - L - O - W

·
Super Moderator
7,429 Posts
The site loading seems to be erratic. Right now it loads very quickly for me, but a few minutes ago it was slow again. Some of the slowness may be related to the provider of internet access. In my opinion it is improving steadily though.

·
Registered
212 Posts
The site loading seems to be erratic. Right now it loads very quickly for me, but a few minutes ago it was slow again. Some of the slowness may be related to the provider of internet access. In my opinion it is improving steadily though.
I think I talked too soon. I am seeing the same as hoppy.

this morning the load was really fast but I think it was because of low traffic....now it is erratic.

·
Registered
4,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Over the past three or four days it has been very, very fast in the early morning and late evening. During the middle of the day it's been rather slow..... better than a few days ago, but still not too good. Let's hope the latest changes will make the difference. Fingers crossed.

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Well yesterday and every day before for the last week is has been extremely slow all day long for me, but right now for the first time in a long time it is running very fast. I have business class comcast fiber optic whatever... its not my connection. The only sites that load slow for me are the crowdgather WEB sites, and a couple I visited are even worse than APCs worst day! We can't be the only crowdgather WEB site that is complaining... I am grateful the issue is getting attention and that people are working on the problem. I think thats all any body wanted was to know the problem was being taken seriously. Thank you ADMIN!

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
Just so it isn't one person, same issues as Robert - I can fly during the day, but I just loaded two other websites on other tabs before this one finally popped just now - evenings are still really really slow.

I honestly got better performance before, heh. Wonder if it is localities, or?

·
Registered
6,380 Posts
Yesterday and today it's been faster than it has in a long time for me and I'm always on mid-day. :)

Freshwater, I'm totally jealous.
This is what we get with our $60/month service.
:::.. testmy.net test results ..:::
Download Connection is:: 809 Kbps about 0.81 Mbps (tested with 1024 kB)
Download Speed is:: 99 kB/s
Upload Connection is:: 122 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 386 kB)
Upload Speed is:: 15 kB/s
Tested From:: http://testmy.net (Main)
Test Time:: 2008/08/27 - 11:15am
D-Validation Link:: http://testmy.net/stats/id-BP61HT8YI
U-Validation Link:: http://testmy.net/stats/id-N129VBDLT
User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.1) Gecko/2008070208 Firefox/3.0.1 [!]
:(

Robert and ingg, I have heard that before about locations affecting things, so that may well be what you're experiencing. I have no idea why, but.....

1 - 20 of 21 Posts