Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was trying to take off the thread algae from my plants I noticed these small anenomes on the ricca and my pogo, and when I went with the pinsettes they retracted and avoided benig smashed. What the hell are these things and should I be worried? Sorry I can't post pics and the drawing thing is acting up.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Since your tank is freshwater, I doubt that there are anemone living amongst the algae!

Instead, I think it's Hydra, do a search for images on google, and you can find some pictures

·
Registered
77 Posts
Since your tank is freshwater, I doubt that there are anemone living amongst the algae!

Instead, I think it's Hydra, do a search for images on google, and you can find some pictures

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you think a pea puffer will eat them?
Didn't know I had that much of a good water condition, since I have algae problems :D . Thanks for the replies.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can I use fluke tabs to nuke these suckers out of my tank? Their just damn ugly. And are there any ill effects to using fluke tabs on a planted aquaria? Thanks.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Gouramis love munching down on Hydra! I don't think the fluke treatment will have an ill-effect on your aquarium, but what brand are you using?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts