Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering getting a number of the critters to cut shipping cost. Anyone want to buy some for $4.50 each + shipping (priority or first class mail, your choice) just post the number you want in this thread until 8/17.
They will be available for shipment 9/1 to allow them time to eat (hoping I have enough other snails on hand) before being shipped again.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi;
I'm wondering if you have any info on keeping these critters. I purchased some a couple of months ago and didn't do too well with them. Although all arrived alived they died off a couple at a time till all were lost. I placed them into a thriving planted aquaria which was infested with pond snails. Maybe I just had the wrong water parameters for them and you could set me straight before I dive in and get some more. They are very cool looking snails.
Thanks
Izzy

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No clue what went wrong for you, snails in general do well in hard, alkaline water. How long did they last after you received them (days, weeks?) What temp do you maintain?

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I doubt that 80 would be warm enough to cook snails. Possibly something in the water that they were more sensitive to than pond snails. I had an unexpalined, slow die-off of shrimp in two different tanks last year. Fish and snails weren't affected, even adding new stock to the one shrimp tank didn't help.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The second shipment of snails arrived Thursday morning. Anyone who had posted on TPT forum please send me a PM. The mods pulled the thread because I didn't/won't become a forum sponsor.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.