Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Wish I would have found this site before I ordered my plants. I have read almost all of the post and still need a little help. Here goes.

20 l tank
Gravel and dolimite substrate
heater
sponge filter for 40 gal powered with a power head
otb filter with bio wheels
caniter fliter powred by powerhead
air bubble tube
GE plant and aquarium light 20
ph 8.4
kh 300
gh 75
nitrate 0
nitrite 0
Temp 78-80
I keep temp and ph high for Apple Snails (Bridgs)

I know I need more light. Here is a list of plants I ordered
Ambulia 7-9" 6-8 stems
Baby Tears
Cabomba purple 9-10" 6-8 stems
Ludwigia Peruensis 9-10" 6-8 stems
Mexican Oak Leaf 9-10" 6-8 stems
Wisteria 9-10" 6-8 stems
Telanthera Rosefolia 9-10" 6-8 stems
Myrio, Filigree 9-11" 6-8 stems
Mayaca 9-10" 6-8 stems

I have stones with riccia tied to them in the tank already. I have 6 small Cory cats in the tank and it has been set up for almost 2 months.

Could someone please suggest how I can best plant my tank with these plants and these conditions. If I had been here first I would have made a better choice of plants. Its too late now so I would like to make the best of what I have.

Thanks
Betty

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
The way I read your post is you have a 20G long tank with one 20 watt bulb. If this is correct I would think seriously about getting more light. Some of the plants you have listed need high light like the Cabomba. There is really no way to arrange them that will keep them alive. Have you thought about adding C02?

Welcome Aboard!

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
I really don't think that C02 has any adverse effects on snails, my tanks contain snails with DIY C02 injection and they flourish.

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Yes it can, but if you keep your kH at 3 or better than this will keep your PH from crashing. Haven't seen any sites on Aquascaping styles, but I'm sure their out there.

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
You are welcome :wink:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts