Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Here's my $.02....

Overall, I think it's pretty good. It still looks fairly new and needs some more time to fill in, but you're off to a nice start.

To me, the left side of the tank looks too empty. I might be tempted to move the Vallisneria (if that's what that is in the middle) over to the back, left corner and go for sort of a grotto effect in the middle.

Is that some sort of Amazon Sword in the middle-left of the tank? How big will that eventually get?

What is the green stem plant that's located in the back, right section of the tank? It almost looks like a Bacopa. Whatever it is, I'm not really wild about it. That might be a good place for a stem plant like E. Stellata or maybe Ludwigia Cuba, or some othe "bottle brush" type stem.

In the top view of the A. Reinicki, it looks pale and under-nourished. It also looks like it might be developing a slight algae problem.

Lastly, is the dark green stuff, on the front gravel, algae or some sort of plant? That area looks like it was made for some Glosso. IMO, you definitely need to get some kind of foreground plant going there.

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm ripping on your tank because that's not my intent. Like I said earlier, I think it's pretty good, and I'd expect it to get even better once it fully grows in.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Here's my $.02....

Overall, I think it's pretty good. It still looks fairly new and needs some more time to fill in, but you're off to a nice start.

To me, the left side of the tank looks too empty. I might be tempted to move the Vallisneria (if that's what that is in the middle) over to the back, left corner and go for sort of a grotto effect in the middle.

Is that some sort of Amazon Sword in the middle-left of the tank? How big will that eventually get?

What is the green stem plant that's located in the back, right section of the tank? It almost looks like a Bacopa. Whatever it is, I'm not really wild about it. That might be a good place for a stem plant like E. Stellata or maybe Ludwigia Cuba, or some othe "bottle brush" type stem.

In the top view of the A. Reinicki, it looks pale and under-nourished. It also looks like it might be developing a slight algae problem.

Lastly, is the dark green stuff, on the front gravel, algae or some sort of plant? That area looks like it was made for some Glosso. IMO, you definitely need to get some kind of foreground plant going there.

I'm sorry if it sounds like I'm ripping on your tank because that's not my intent. Like I said earlier, I think it's pretty good, and I'd expect it to get even better once it fully grows in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.