Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
In a natural tank the anubias, moss, and fern are easy to grow and do quite well attached to driftwood. In my experience they do even better than stems since they are low demanding and are very easy to keep healthy. Riccia is much more demanding and much harder to attach to driftwood. If you have never worked with riccia I would not recommend trying to attach it to driftwood on your first go with it. It does need bright light and CO2 to grow and it can be a mess if you don't attach it correctly. If you want to try riccia for the first time try attaching it to a flatter surface and see how it does in your tank.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
Anubias, java ferns, mosses, and Bolbitis heudelotii do very well in a NPT with no additional fertilization. I've used them tied to branches or rocks and they do just fine as there is plenty of nutrients for them in the water column from fish waste. They really don't need much since they are rather slow growing plants.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.