Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was doing great the all the sudden it started looking like crap tbh- the only thing that has changed was the increase of humidity...I increased the humidity because of some of my stems were looking a little dry but now are looking much healthy.. should i move the anubias to its container?

·
Super Moderator
5,865 Posts
My guess would be it was the change in humidity. Some plants will do that if you change it too much.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks aaron... what's your suggestion? Leave the humidity where it's at or go back to the level I had it before? I don't wanna stress it anymore so I guess i should leave it...hate to kill a $100 plant :)

·
Registered
208 Posts
It looks like bacterial or fungal to me because of the black spots. The roots look healthy though, so I doubt its a root issue. Since its Anubias sp. white I'd be nervous to use something like h2o2 on it.

Do you have another emersed set up with lower humidity you can put it in?

·
Registered
208 Posts
It could be fungal too. Since the plant looks weak, I would try as little as possible since it already looks stressed.

Do you have another bin with lower humidity you can put it in after the dip?

·
Registered
220 Posts
It appears that the substrate is ADA Amazonia. I believe that is an acidic media.
For what it is worth, my 'Snow Whites' are grown in a neutral medium in water with a pH of about 8, EMERSED, in high humidity and VERY high lighting. They do quite well. Never had a problem. Perhaps this might give you some ideas.
Lower light causes them to produce leaves that are not Snow White, but yellowish or whitish with tiny green speckles.
Good luck with this beauty!! Bill

·
Registered
220 Posts
Can you give us an update on your Anubias 'Snow White'?

Hopefully some new healthy growth has popped out.

Bill

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey bill
I think it's gonner.... the rhizome is still firm though..I left it in the pot hoping for a new shoot but Im not holding my breath

Sean

·
Registered
220 Posts
Very interesting thread. Am wondering how your white Anubias is doing?

I grew one for over a year. Mit got to a nice size. It was kept emerged in a totally sealed tank which was opened almost daily to check its inhabitants.

It was grown in a standard substrate mix that included Miracle Gro Organic Potting Mix, etc. A layer of Flourite was sprinkled on top of the mix and the plant was place on that. The roots grew down through the Flourite.

The plant was finally split for propagation. I was worried due to the rarity and high cot I paid for it.

Well, all went well. I now have five growths in three plants. They are really beautiful.

Good luck and would like to know how your Snow White is doing. Hopefully the Wicked Stepmother has not done her in!! Bill

1 - 20 of 21 Posts