Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
oh wow....that's an interesting fish
Indeed! I keep finding these rare fish in the Amano and Amanoesque aquaria photos as I go about my research. Another oddity (because not in the general trade here yet) was Megalamphodus roseus. And both indeed were in Japanese tanks. And both, as I see now, were described as new to Science in the late 20th century. By the way, the M. roseus is also nice. Is it easier to find than Nannostomus? (and easier to care for?).

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Any idea what this fish is? Number 2

Y'all did such a good job on the last quiz, I am hoping someone will see this new tank (see attached image) and tell me what fish species these guys are. Thanks in advance! gasteriaphile
P.S. Congo Tetras?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Correct, those are Congo Tetras or Phenacogrammus interruptus. Much easier to find and care for than N. espei.

·
Premium Member
471 Posts
N. Espei aren't hard to care for in my experience. Rather hardy actually, as long as you don't let them jump out of the tank. :oops:

·
Registered
926 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
I beg to differ with your differing. I have found them pretty easy to keep but have not bred them. They fared much better then cardinal tetras did in the same tank. Anubias Design has them relatively often. Heavily planted tank. w/some peat in the filter, ei co2, etc.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I beg to differ with your differing. I have found them pretty easy to keep but have not bred them. They fared much better then cardinal tetras did in the same tank. Anubias Design has them relatively often. Heavily planted tank. w/some peat in the filter, ei co2, etc.
Generally when a specific species requires special parameters (ie. like soft water, acidic water using peat, leaf litter, etc.) to thrive they are considered difficult.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts