Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
8,540 Posts
You have great growth. Your plants look happy and healthy. You might want to play with the arrangement a little. Make it look more natural. To create depth plan a foreground, middle ground and back ground. While you are having basic height requirements at different depths, try to still have a little varience as you go front to back and side to side. Keep some area open with just very low plants (foreground). This provides swim room and depth.

Rather than putting all of one type in one area, repeat like groupings in different areas of the tank. Mix leave textures, colors and shapes through out your tank. This will keep your tank from looking like it's a plant-for-sale tank.

You have obviously mastered growing healthy wonderful plants. Now you just need to tweak aquascaping skills. I think that's where a lot of us are! :D

· Premium Member
8,540 Posts
While I know that the more shallow, back to front, a tank is, the more difficulty you have with depth but I'm sure you can do this. You just have to experiment with it all. Since you have been looking around the forums you have seen many tanks with your dimensions. Just keep working on it. The wonderful news is that with many plants, as long as they are in the same tank, moving them around doesn't slow them down too much. Yes, it may slow some down, crypts, swords, but not for long...

Take a look at my 10g shrimp tank. It is only 12" back to front and I have plenty of depth in there. Still needs filling in and tweaking but you can see the depth.

I know I am still learning. Very few reach the skill level of some of the fabulous tanks you see on this forum. The good news is that we like what we are creating. ... and we enjoy tweaking it. Part of the fun is NOT being done! :biggrin:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.