Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,253 Posts
Is there something limiting you to 800x600 resolution? I had a laptop limited to that. But everything else I had (Multiple PC's on 17in monitors or bigger) was running a higher resolution.

If there is nothing limiting you to that size, try bumping it up a notch or two. Text WILL be smaller on your screen, but it may still be workable. You can also change the text size in your browser.

--Mike

· Registered
2,253 Posts
gnatster said:
Being an ex-helpdesk denizen I have found that 99% of non techies use the standard 800 x 600 that their computers come set at and have no idea of the wonderful benefits of using greater resolution. When non-geeks would come by my desk they always wondered how in the heck I manged to have so many open usable windows.
You've got it exactly right. With work I'm constantly working between 3 or 4 windows consistently. I also like not having to scroll around a lot for the big pictures that sometimes get posted :)

But I also recognize that some people leave it at 800x600 because of font size or some similar reason while forgetting that the computer only does what it is told. If you don't tell it to increase the size of the text at higher resolutions, it won't.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.