Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there an option for sizing the posts so that one doesn't have to slide the cursor back and forth while trying to read the posts?
It would be nice to be able to just read them at a normal size.
If it can be changed, please advise.

Len

· Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It's over sized on every post in this thread and there are no pictures included here.
It's over sized on all the threads I've read on this forum. None of the other forums(AC,Plantgeeks, etc.) come down large like this one unless, as previously stated, someone posts a large picture.
That's why I thought perhaps I needed to make a change of some sort in my preferences for APC.
So how do I get the width problem straightened out?

Len

· Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just to give you an idea of how much I'm seeing, I read your last post and got to 'your' before I had to move the screen to read, 'browser screen'.
I use IE6.0. I'm no computer geek, but I would think that if my settings were amiss, I'd have the same issues with other forums. I read about 5 or 6 other aquarium forums and other forums without this occurring, other than, as previously stated, when someone posts a large picture in their post.
I hope we can resolve this because this is one of the best forums I've come across, and it's annoying to have to move the cursor to read each post.
I have a pop up blocker and will disable it to see if it makes any difference, but as I said, it hasn't affected other forums.
EDIT: I disabled the blocker with no change.

Len

· Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I would appreciate any help you can give me on this.
It's hard to understand why more people are not having this issue.
Maybe they are, but are not complaining about it.
From what you're saying, the add banner at the top of the
page is causing the same result as an over sized picture, correct?

Len

· Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I could do that, but why should it be necessary. This is the only forum I visit and participate, in that is sized the way it is, at least on my screen.

Len

· Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Looks like I opened a can of worms here.
I have gone to a higher resolution and it will take some getting used to, to be comfortable with it, but now I can read the entire page without messing with moving the it back and forth. Everything looks so little :D.
Thank you for the feedback Dennis. I was beginning to think I was the only one in America with this issue.
Sorry to cause all the problems.

Len

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.