Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of ordering my plants from there, and if they suck anyone know any other good sites?

·
Premium Member
88 Posts
I have heard that some people have had problems with azgardens. I have never ordered from them.

You might want to try:
aquariumgarden.com has a flat rate shipping. You have to be willing to be a little patient with them as they only ship once a week. Their prices are good and I don't think you can beat their shipping especially for larger orders. I ordered from them once and I was happy with my order.

There is always Aquabid. I hear Lowcoaster has nice plants but I have never bought from him. He is in NY so he is close to you.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I would order from AZ Gardens ONLY if they have something you absolutely CAN'T get anywhere else. Definitely don't order fish from them. Most, if not all, will arrive dead, and you'll have a hard time getting a replacement IF you can get someone on the phone to even consider giving you a replacement.

All the other sites listed above are excellent. If you're looking for something unusual, and you can't get it from another hobbyist on APC, then try www.aquaspotworld.com. I've always had good luck with them.

·
Registered
839 Posts
I have had great luck with freshwateraquariumplants.com. The grower there is extremely helpful at answering questions and the quality of plants is amazing. I give the grower credit for my success in starting my first planted tank! Extra plants are always included. Also be patient when emailing and they often will not answer the phone. I think they spend most of the day growing, packing, and shipping platns and responding to emails and orders in the morning and evening.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I think i'm going to go with FWA for now. I want Lilaeopsis brasiliensis for the front and not pay 20 dollars for a 6'' by 6''. :p

·
Registered
766 Posts
I have used azgardens with no issues. Good shrimp/plant/snail selection. I have received quality plants, and living inverts that did well. But I would still recommend aquabotanic.com, and our forum for purchasing plants,fish, ect...

·
Registered
1 Posts
I recently ordered some cherry shrimp, clams, and a couple of plants from them. I received what I ordered in good shape.

However after reading about the clams online I was thinking I wouldn't be able to keep them alive. I found it impossible to contact anyone there to change the order also I was not notified as the the week they were shipping to ensure I would be at home when they were delivered.

But it all worked out the clams are doing OK I think and the shrimp and plants are good.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I don't trust anyone who is still selling cherry shrimp for $5 a piece...I bought 30 for $25 shipped a month ago.

·
Registered
212 Posts
i bought from them as well, and none of my order has survived to this day, and it took forever to get store credit from them i bought a few tetras and some shrimp.... most died day/week of delivery, even after i followed their directions on their site for acclimation.... with the store credit, i bought some driftwood (which was amazing!)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ordered quite a few items from them in mid-2008. Quality was fine and everything arrived in good shape. I mainly ordered from them at the time because I wanted some SAE's and my LFS had no luck getting any for several months straight. I ordered 8, they sent 9 one died the next day. I still have the other 8.

My only complaints are they left the most expensive item out of my order. After some initial reluctance from the person I phoned, they issued me a store credit which I still haven't used.

·
Registered
121 Posts
It's interesting to see the different experiences people have. My local acquaintance has recommended Arizona Aquatic Gardens. From what I've read hear they need to work on their people skills.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I made a recent order for non-live products and probably would not do business with them again. I ordered a light fixture, 6 bags of flourite, some rocks and a test kit. When it arrive I only got 3 bags and the rocks. No sign of the light, remaining bags of flourite or the test kit.

Sent 2 emails with no response and couldn't get a hold of anyone for two days straight. Finally got a hold of someone on 3rd day and was told the light was on its way but the rest are on backorder. An email would have been great, dont you think? Said they should have some more in next week. I found some locally so i called back and said to cancel remaining order. Guy said he'll take care of it. This thread reminded me so I just checked my CC statement. Still no credit to my account til this day. That was two weeks ago. Gonna call Monday and see wth is going on.

Oh yea, the lights finally showed up a week after he said it shipped. Buyer beware!

·
Registered
142 Posts
I just placed an order with them this month. 1- Their website states that the plants order will ship on Thursday next day for arrival Friday. THIS WAS NOT TRUE- They shipped the plants on Friday via next day air saver arriving on Monday-What is the point?! Why would I spend my hard earned money on next day (Three day) air!!! I took time off to be able to work on my planting, etc (literally this was supposed to be a surprize done over the weekend.) 2. Some of my plants looked okay, but some were completely wasted and died. The snail I ordered with the plants looked like they had been in a dice game (shells damaged/battered.) and I took a temp when they arrived-36 degrees!!! Heat packs only last so long! Some did not make it. 3. I tried to contact them with my displeasure with the turn of events by emailling them twice. Tried calling them. NO responses. I just sent my last email to them basically telling them to screw-they can keep my money this time, but I will make it my goal to make sure that they don't get any more of the local club members money, ETC. They can expect me to bad mouth them pretty much anywhere I can and I will NEVER do business with them again. I would have been FAR more forgiving had I actually spoken (corresponded) with anyone from azgardens at all during this experience but zero effort was extended to me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts