Aquatic Plant Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

· Registered
414 Posts
Re: Anyone had any experience with this wierd plant?

Well the sellers feedback is 99.2% positive, with over 9,000 reports. can't be too bad a place to buy?
Ebay ratings mean nothing to me. I'm also an avid fisherman with an extensive collection of gear. Higher quality hardbait lures retail for 20 bucks, while the highest quality runs for about $30. One brand is called Lucky Craft and can be had for 15-20 bucks. Theres one notorious ebay seller selling knock off china replicas for $.99 +$5.99 shipping (Which he ships in bubble envelopes for less than $2). He has over 99% positive feedback. If you complain and send him an email about it being a knock off, he instantly offers a refund and lets you keep the 'defective' lures. If still leave him negative feedback, he'll either ignore it until his precious 99% feedback is in danger or jump to another ebay account. He has sold thousands upon thousands of these lures between two or three accounts.

Even talking to ebay, they just tell you they've forwarded it to their internal investigation. We've (fishing community) even sent emails to the original production company with very little response.

...sorry I'll get off my soapbox. I'm not saying that Aqua Magic is ripping people off. I'm just saying that we still have to be careful when dealing internet sellers on ebay. Feedback rating is not a garuntee.

· Registered
81 Posts
Back to the Plagiomnium Pix I posted.............Sorry but this is the best (closest with clarity) that my camera will take.........If you click on that last photo thumbnail with the shrimp in it, it should open a new window with the larger photo on it, and I believe you can then see the Plagiomnium a bit more close-up. It does indeed look like a typical moss at first. IF you can see each tiny rhizome you will notice that it develops the leaves around the growing tip in a circular fashion and does not 'spread out' or grow in a flat plane like many of the other typical mosses. The leaves are also transparent and pointed at the tips. Also to correct something I stated in an earlier post "I believe it is a bryophtye", it IS a bryophyte as all mosses are, what I meant to say is that it seems to me to be more of a liverwort type of bryophyte, when compared to the average typical mosses.

· Registered
125 Posts
What about the purple bamboo? I have heard it is not aquatic either, but that there may be a purple cultivar of a related plant that is aquatic, so there could be two plants, one aquatic, one not, going by the same common name.

And Arthraxon.... Does it have aquatic species or are they all annual terrestrial grasses classified as invasive weeds in some states?

On the weird theme... My son when he was little put some aquatic liverworts that would only grow underwater onto the damp stone steps leading into the celler of his aunt's century home. Some of it survived, then thrived, but if you try to reverse the process, it no longer survives back underwater. The original stream it was from has been silted now while a huge old folks complex is being built adjacent to the aunt's house. The liverwort and sticklebacks had just bounced back from runnoff from a former goose and duck pen straddling their stream and now they may not make it. Most of the stream has been shunted underground into sewer pipes, and it is hard to say what will happen to the stream across the old folks complex covering several acres. It may disappear before it gets back to its old stream bed.

And years ago I bought a small Acorus calamus that had been growing in an aquarium, narrow leaves only five or six inches tall. When I put some out in a pond, it spread, grew up out of the pond and in some spots with lots of leaf litter, gets as tall as me and I'm 6' 2". How do you put that genie back in the tank?

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.