Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at this lamp :
http://www.aquariumguys.com/current-nova-extreme-freshwater30.html
it seems pretty inexpensive and has a high light output. Does anyone have any experience using this ballast or any other products by this company? Also, would anyone have any different recommendations for a 29 gallon tank setup? I already have a Coralife 36 watt lamp on top, but I'm trying to bring my tank up to high lighting.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I've never heard anything bad about it. I have one on my 38 and I've never had a single problem with it. If used in conjunction with your coralife, it will definitely push you into the high light region.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for the reply! I'm thinking I may just stick with a low light tank for now, as this is my first planted tank I've ever had... Cheers!

·
Registered
36 Posts
i use a 48 inch nova on my 60 gal and i use it along with my coralife and a i think its great it has built in fans and what not hope this helps

·
Registered
142 Posts
I have one on my 29 gallon, with an 18 watt t-8 fixture,which gives me 66 wpg. I am very happy with this fixture. Though it is not yet a high light tank I have thought about buying a second Nova extreme to bring me up to 96 watts. (though I think I'm going to get a bigger tank instead).

The 30" unit does not have any fans. I will most likely be buying another Nova product the Nova Extreme Pro due to how happy I am with there middle line product.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I use the nova 36" light 2x39W and I like it, it's really slim on the top of the tank. I was however thinking of adding a coralife to it to bring my tank up to higher lighting as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts