Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Anyone in the TOLEDO OHIO area?

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  goldielovr 
#1 ·
I was just wondering if anyone is out in the Toledo area who'd be willing to share some plants. I'm setting up a new 29h tank and it's still looking bare! I'm looking for any pruning/trimming/extras that you'd normally dispose of.

So far, I've about 6 Zebra Danios, a few feeder guppies (to help cycle), and a snail.

Thanks!

Drew

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi there. I just checked my e-mail and noticed you sent me a message. Don't have any clippings right now but will soon. Stuff like Water Sprite, Java Moss, Java Fern, and maybe another plant or two.

I'm not sure where Whitehouse is but I can recommend two stores for you to check out.

One is Trilby Tropicals here in Toledo. Sometimes they have plants, sometimes they don't. Another place is Gary's Tropical Fish in Maumee. He has two large tanks full of potted plants $5 each. Didn't check all he had as I wasn't there for plants.

Give me some time and I can hook you up with some different plants. If you get really needy, there's always Petco. Bunched plants are $1.99 and you get a decent amount. Sometimes they have some cool plants (beware the snails!).

#3 ·
Dunno about your area specifically, but there's a group that's in the SW Ohio that meets once a month to swap plants, compare notes and such. Look for them at the special club section, they're called SWOAPE )South West Ohio Aquatic Plant Enthusiasts.) Everybody's welcome. We meet in various members' homes (alternates from folk in Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton. I'm in Chillicothe.) There's often a speaker that addresses some topic of interest like setting up aquariums, tubbing fish and plants in summer, etc..A long drive for you, but possibly worth it since you're just starting out.

I'm going to try to attend myself next one (this weekend I think) and can bring you a selection of starter (fast-growing) plants like sunset hygro, wisteria, water lettuce, even elodea. Club rule is a buck a bag (no matter how much is in the bag), and it goes in the club kitty for bags and against the group ordering things like shrimp and special plants for group rates. The others can give you directions if you need them.

Melis

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.