Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 150watt MH over my 29 but ID like to add 2 12" fixtures on either side of it running vertically instead of horizontally on my 29 gallon. They have to be real narrow fixtures or else they will block some of the MH light. I see 12" t5 bulbs around but cant find any fixtures for it. I found a current 12" single 18watt bulb fixture but its 5.25" wide...no good. It would be awesome of Coralife made those T5 aqualights in 12". They are like 2.25" wide. Any ideas?:crazy:

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont want more light. I want to use the mh as a burst and the t5s for viewing. Not trying to be rude here but people love offering answers to the wrong questions. No offense big stick your tanks are sweet. I just have a different idea in mind here, and cant seem to find the fixtures im looking for. Save all the "TOO MUCH LIGHT" rah rah for the newbies. thanks anyways tho :-({|=

·
Registered
3,201 Posts
Then perhaps you should of explained that in your first post. I made the assumption because you gave no reason as to why you needed it. Check out catalina.com if they dont have what you are looking for call them, they will make it for you Im sure. I cant think of anything that is narrow other then your T-5 which I dont think they make...yet.

·
Registered
111 Posts
There's those clamp-on galaxy lights that are designed for nanos. They're 13w. Not as long as you want -- only 9". But they're real narrow and with the gooseneck you could likely adjust it. Here it is at Drs Foster and Smith, but you could probably find it elsewhere.

The other problem is the colors. They really need to make a black one. But, even if you don't use this, it might give you another direction to look in.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you want to get technical about it, the question was "who makes one?", not "should I use these?".

But regardless, thanks for the heads up, ill give catalina a shout. :third:

Then perhaps you should of explained that in your first post. I made the assumption because you gave no reason as to why you needed it. Check out catalina.com if they dont have what you are looking for call them, they will make it for you Im sure. I cant think of anything that is narrow other then your T-5 which I dont think they make...yet.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks! thats along hte lines of what im looking for. The t5-III helios 12" ones are cheap and pretty narrow. DOnest have prices for them though and not sure if they come with legs...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts