Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
No, not the terminator ;-)

I have been thinking about upgrading the fixture for my 55 gal tank but still plan to keep it low tech, aiming for around 2 WPG. I was thinking about retrofitting a 48" fixture with a T5 kit, but am also intrigued by a T2 fixture. Interested in any experience with them, good, bad, or indifferent.

If the T2 is a no-go, any recommendations for retrofit T5 kits?

·
Registered
4,116 Posts
Yes when I heard about these super skinny T2 bulbs I thought that would be the ultimate light. But for now a Giesemann Midday T5HO beats everything else.

Important thing about the Giesemann's is that they have spectrum that grows plants really well. Probably that spectrum is the reason that these bulbs throw the wpg rule out of the window. You can light a 55 gal. tank with one 54 watt Giesemann Midday and grow very much anything on the bottom of the tank. Barely 1 wpg...

So until Giesemann or someone else comes up with T2 bulbs that compare to the Giesemann Midday any comparison is pointless.

For a retrofit go to reefgeek.com. But it will be better if you get things separately.

--Nikolay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.