Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am shopping for my first digicam. Has anyone tried this 200$ camera for web aquarium pics?

Love it? Hate it?

thanks,
___
Jeff

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Jeff,

I have the Canon A70 that I used to take any pic you see of mine on the net. Its a very nice camera IMHO although I am definately no photogrpher:( I am sure that in the hands of someone like Jay it would do quite nicely. I looked at the 75 when I was shopping around and liked the 70 better because it seemed to have more settings and manual adjustments. Its macro ability is not great but I would consider it passable for casual shots. IF you are looking for just a simple digicam, I feel the price is right. I do like the 70 a little better but I don't know much about cameras in general so take my advice for what its worth:)

Nice to hear from you again too:) hope you have been well!

·
Registered
925 Posts
I have an A70. Great photos of everything but my tanks. More of my lack of skill with lighting and tanks than the camera. Got it on clearance here for $99.00 almost a year ago. :)

·
Registered
739 Posts
I have an A70 and like it a lot, it has all the manual settings one needs to take good tank shots. Many of the photos on my website were taken with it. Not sure how the A75 differs.

Giancarlo

1 - 7 of 7 Posts