Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mods, please move if this is in the wrong section. :D

Does anyone here use carrier pickup?

The mailman didn't pick up my priority mail when he came. My mother ran after him and asked him to dinner before he accepted my mail. (jk about that part) :D
Anyway, she doesn't speak much English, but she told me the mailman said that he knocked on the door but left because no one answered.

I thought that you don't have to be present for carrier pickup. Isn't that the point of carrier pickup?
I'm missing some kind of post office rule here huh?

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I left a note on the online carrier pickup appointment on the location of the package.

When I'm at the post office, they ask "Is this item perishable, contain hazardous material, liquid, etc.."

Maybe I'm supposed to leave a note for the mail carrier and tell him/her that ^

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Nope. I schedule pick-up and leave my packages on my doorstep, label side facing up.

When I come back in the afternoon, the packages are gone. :)

...and no, not because someone stole them!

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nope. I schedule pick-up and leave my packages on my doorstep, label side facing up.

When I come back in the afternoon, the packages are gone. :)

...and no, not because someone stole them!
Yes, that makes perfect sense.

I just don't understand why my mailman didn't want to take my package. I had everything set.
Postage ready, priority mail, under 70 pounds...
:confused:..

·
Premium Member
184 Posts
Agreed. Just leave it outside the front door and he will pick it up. I do it all the time and never had a problem with it.

·
Super Moderator
5,865 Posts
In my experience dependable mailmen are hit or miss. That's why I always make the trip to the PO to mail it myself.

That being said they are supposed to pick it up for you whether you are home or not.

·
Super Moderator
7,429 Posts
I always make a trip to the Post Office to mail plant packages. I would never leave them out in the open where they could boil in the summer or nearly freeze in the winter. And, I don't leave them in the curbside mail boxes for the same reason. It is hard enough getting plants to someone in good shape without handicapping the process with a long wait where temperature extremes can harm them.

·
Registered
167 Posts
The thing I hate though is the @!(#@!( lines at the post office. Sometimes people will just put the packages on the counter and leave, but they usually get a nasty glare from the employees.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
The thing I hate though is the @!(#@!( lines at the post office. Sometimes people will just put the packages on the counter and leave, but they usually get a nasty glare from the employees.
I used to wait in line to drop off my shrimp packages. The postal workers told me to just leave them on the counter!

·
Registered
112 Posts
i just leave them on the counter just tell them they are paid for. the post office worker always picks up my packages just since he parks in front of my house. we always have packages coming in and out.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I just go up to the first PO worker I see and say its prepaid and ask if I can just set it down, I have never been told no. Its especially sweet to do that right before Christmas when there are like 60 people waiting in line.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.