Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We apologize for last night's downtime. The move happened sooner than we expected. We should be fully operational at the moment.

Thanks for your understanding.

·
Registered
542 Posts
OK,

I got in using another password, either the original one or I was just mixed up. However, no one else is posting.

Also my avitar doesn't show. I deleted it, but get an error when I try to reattach it.

Steve

·
Registered
107 Posts
Also did some new threads and uploaded images in the album get booted? I just posted yesterday and cant find the thread.

.depthc

·
Registered
205 Posts
Looks like the message box thing at the bottom of the main page isn't working since we came back up, if no one noticed. The one where Art spams everyone about voting & registering ;) :D

·
Registered
205 Posts
Odd, I don't get it at all. I get the Anouncements, then under those is the "Recent topics" box, but thats it.

Unless anyone else has a problem with it, it might just be my wonderful place of employment blocking it somehow.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The shoutbox is sometimes considered a pop-up by antivirus programs and blocked. It certainly me be your work.

VOTE, REGISTER, VOTE

·
Registered
199 Posts
Shoutbox is working great for me. Thanks for moving to a new server Art, seems to be really fast. Congrats on a really smooth (atleast from the exterior aspect) migration.

Matt

·
Registered
542 Posts
Art,

I am getting email notifications on a lot of messages. I thought I had everythng checked to no.

Hide your online status: No
Always notify me of replies:
Sends an e-mail when someone replies to a topic you have posted in. This can be changed whenever you post. No
Notify on new Private Message: No
Pop up window on new Private Message:
Some templates may open a new window to inform you when new private messages arrive. No
Always attach my signature: Yes
Always allow BBCode: Yes
Always allow HTML: Yes
Always enable Smilies: Yes

I still get the messages.

Steve

·
Registered
119 Posts
Hi
I noticed my time and date are off. I tried changing the timezone with no effect. But maybe its just me.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
OK. One at a time.

Steve, when you post, do you make sure the box indicating "Notify my when someone posts" is NOT checked?

able_ranui, time is an issue that the software developers are looking into. I'm stumped on that one.

gnatster, that is strange. I know phpBB2 had some issues with Firefox in the past. Let me look those up.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Art,

It gets even better. Non Browser specific issue. When attempting to access address http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com I get page cannot be displayed no matter what the browser. Cannot ping, cannot tracert. One I had the IP 69.93.241.196 I could ping but tracert of 15 hops timed out before data could be returned on hop 2-14.

The only way I can access no matter the browser is with the address http://69.93.241.196/~aquaticp/aquaticp/forum/portal.php

ISP is Comcast. Cleared cache. cookies and history. No Host or LMHost files on my end.

Possibly the new DNS has not or is not propigating properly?

When running a spell check on this mmessage after accepting correction get page cannot be displayed error in new window.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
gnatster,

APC is an addon domain or subdomain and, hence, won't ping as you are trying. The URL path you show is the right patht to our portal page but your browser should resolve it as aquaticplantcentral.com and not the server path.

I'll look further into this problem with my host.

Thanks and stay tuned.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Problem fixed

Had to reset my router. must have cached the dns info

Sorry to bug you on an issue on my end

Embarrassed,

1 - 18 of 18 Posts