Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
816 Posts
Lady bugs, particularily their larva love aphids...

Alternatively, if you don't mind quarentineing your plants for a while...if you can; dust your plants with diatomatious earth. its a powder that is not an insecticide per say, but a very fine silica or something of that nature that gets into insects joints, cuts them appart and bleeds them of their vital fluids. it is non toxic. But I'd take the plants out and put them somewhere for a while to treat. I don't think it will hurt the inverts, unless they get out often.

·
Registered
816 Posts
It is an appetite stimulator for fish that won't eat. It has garlic in it, I am not sure how much, and is made by Seachem. I had heard how garlic would repel insects and had a sample bottle so why not try it. If nothing else the fish should be hungry now. Next we will be trying the diatomatious earth.
Later when I am not being sick to my guts, I'll look up how to control aphids in my organic gardening book. See what else they say.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.