1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
135 Posts
Man that would really tick me off just because of the noise. I moved out of an apartment to a single house and that was the best move I could've made. No more noise!

·
Premium Member
734 Posts
If I didn't see it, I don't think I would have believed it to be that bad. That's quite a jolt that it would disturb your tank.

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
That's ridiculous that they slam the door so hard that it cause that much of a jolt to your tank. I'm so glad I'm out of apartments and in a house of my own now.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Uggg I give you all the credit in the world for putting up with that! :hail::hail:

·
Premium Member
1,997 Posts
I believe it. I was guilty of owning the loudest kittens in the complex way back. I had 2 at the time and they'd thunder across the apartment - up and over the bed, tear into the hall, bang through the kitchen, fly onto the couch and off, pound over to the front door then reverse the flight until they landed back on my bed. They'd do this first thing in the morning to wake me up (waking the downstairs neighbor was an unintended side effect). They weighed all of 8 and 10 lbs respectively when we moved out and sounded like a full herd stampeding when they got going.

It doesn't help that most apartment complexes don't have very good insulation between/around the apartments so all the noise and vibrations travel easily.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
here in upstate NY all apparent exterior walls including the walls that go to the neighbors have to be made with at least one inch of concrete in between them but all interior walls you know the ones kitchen dividers were stair cases come from above through your apartment are just double plied sheet rock so my first floors neighbors are never a bother just upstairs

·
Registered
70 Posts
Boy am I glad my apt. dwelling days are behind me (knock on wood). I lived on the second floor with two toddler boys, I felt sorry for the couple below us. My sons drove them crazy all evening and their baby's crying drove me crazy all night. :noidea:

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
I saw this thread this morning at work, but just now got to see the video. DAAAAAAAAANNNNGGGG!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts