Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
I don't see assortments selling often unless they are really, really cheap. There are tons of plants listed on Aquabid every day that nobody EVER bids on....particularly those quasi or full fledged retailers that list a hundered different plant auctions. Mostly what they end up doing is advertising their WEB site. That would be a big no no. Don't list too many plants individually, keep it to a small number. Even "Lowcoaster", who probably has the best reputation on Aquabid of anyone, more than half of his listings never even get bid on.

There are many exagerrations and flat out made up names of plants out there. Keep it simple and honest and people will take you a lot more seriously. It is real easy to call a plant rare or hard to find to make it sell faster, but for those that know better it won't make you look to credible.

·
Banned
1,623 Posts
Robert Hudson wrote:
Mostly what they end up doing is advertising their WEB site. That would be a big no no.

Gary wrote Why do you say this?
Why? Why else would someone clutter Aquabid with pages and pages and pages of auctions that nobody bids on, and do it month after month after month? They have to be doing it for some reason! The good stuff is what Gomer and a few other people here sell, and I get sick of having to go thru all the worthless auctions in search of something good. It is supposed to be against Aquabids rules to duplicate an auction, listing the same item multiple times, and yet these guys do that as well. Gee, my auction has been up for 6 days and nobody wants to bid on rare hornwort, so maybe if I list Hornwort 5 MORE times at once somebody will buy it! AHHHHG

1 - 2 of 2 Posts