Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, this is so great.... so I picked up an AquaClear Powerhead for my 50G and bought the Quick Filter Powerhead Attachment that Diana and others have recommended. I had to buy it off Amazon b/c they don't carry it in my local pet shops. Best thing though is that you can order replacement cartridges to be shipped to you automatically by Amazon. Such a huge convenience! So I'll be getting a box of two replacements every two months don't even have to worry about remembering it get them. Man, fish-keeping has changed A LOT in the last 10+ years I've been out of the hobby.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have these and I don't even use the cartridges. I just stuff it with cheap floss.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
97 Posts
I love mine, too. I added some phosguard I bagged up in tiny bags and some activated charcoal-infused material to help manage algae until my replanting gets established. It's amazing. The flow is a bit strong, even on the lowest setting for my tank, so I'm going to cover the end with some black foam I have. I used to point it at a big piece of wood, but took it out. Finally admitted that I needed more plants and less wood and rocks.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I love mine, too. I added some phosguard I bagged up in tiny bags and some activated charcoal-infused material to help manage algae until my replanting gets established. It's amazing. The flow is a bit strong, even on the lowest setting for my tank, so I'm going to cover the end with some black foam I have. I used to point it at a big piece of wood, but took it out. Finally admitted that I needed more plants and less wood and rocks.
So another thing you can do is buy a piece of pvc tubing or even flexible tubing that will fit over the output nozzle and drill a series of small holes in it and place it across your tank so that the water flow is reduced by travelling down the tubing and then coming out the holes across a long area. Obviously, you'd have to plug the other end too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts