Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just learned that the CO2 reactor I just bought suggests a flow rate of 250 gph. The filter I'm planing to use only has a flow rate of 220. Will this not work for me at all or am I just going to expect a smaller amount of dissolved CO2? Should this diminished amount of dissolved CO2 that my plants will be missing justify buying a new filter, or should I just set it up first an see what I get out of it?

Thanks.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I would think it would still work just fine. I would definitely hook it up and try it before I went out and bought a new filter. Keep in mind though that you are going to lose some of the flow you have now once the reactor is installed.
Brian

·
Premium Member
2,096 Posts
I doubt the minimal difference in flow rate of your current filter from the recommended flow rate will affect the efficency of the reactor. If you need to increase CO2 levels, you can increase the bubble rate slowly of the CO2 going into the reactor. In my limited experiences with this type of reactor, that would be more of an influence into the efficiency of CO2 diffusion rather than the overall flow rate of the filter.

If you haven't gotten one already, get a drop checker. That will be a useful tool in determining if your setup is adequate for your needs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts