Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to divide my tank into two zones. I don't really want it completely divided like the tank divider you get at the LFS.

I have two angels that seem to not get along well at all, and they have taken a territory of their own but when they face off, they get mean at each other. They don't bother other fish in the tank but they are very mean to each other.

I would like to sort of divide the tank up into two zones that looks "natural".

I still want the other fish to somewhat freely swim across the two zones but minimize the two angels' "face off time".

I am thinking of getting a diftwood that would span the width of the tank, lodge it across the tank near the top of the tank, about 1 inch below water surface, enough for other fish to swim over but the long fins of my angels would be difficult. Then wrap and drap string moss very densely, and let the string moss form a natural curtain from there to the middle depth of the tank. I could put another piece further down. They can still swim across it if wanted to, it's not a "hard" barrier.

Would this work or will the moss be floating in all directions and not do what I am visualizing?

I don't want to use a wire mesh wall that looks a bit too much.

Any idea welcomed.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Two angels in a tank is only a good number of fish if they are a breeding pair. Dither fish will help prevent them from focusing on each other. It sounds like you have other fish in the tank to serve as a distraction. With only two angels, they will tend to focus their attention on each other. If the tank is not large, you did not mention the tank size, a divider that is not a hard barrier is not likely to help. If they do not get along, I would give one of them back to the LFS.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts