Aquatic Plant Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Could somebody help me with an address of a pet/aquarium shop in Chicago with aquarium plants for sale? I will have an opportunity to be there and who knows, maybe some new plants in my aquarium. Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
When I was in Chicago over Christmas I found some nice plants at Old Town Aquarium, on Wells, just south of North Ave. Parking is kinda a pain, make sure you have a quarter for the meter. Don't remember all that I got, but I know I got Potamogeton gayi, Pogostemon stellatus 'Broad Leaf' (emersed) and a few others. Certainly not the normal pet store fare.

Other good luck I had was at Scott's Pet Shop in Westchester, corner of 31st street and Wolf road, got Hygrophila balsamica, Bacopa australis, and some nice Rotala there. Again not the normal pet store fare. However, I've been going there a long time and I know sometimes the plant selection is great, and sometimes they have hardly anything.

I wouldn't expect either store to have anything rare, but their plants have always looked good and they have more than an assortment of drowning houseplants.

I haven't lived in the Chicago area for 15 years now, so I'm sure there are other places as well, there's always been many great stores in Chicago and the 'burbs. I'll be interested to see other's suggestions so I can stop next time I'm in town!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.