Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello, i'm really new to aquatic plants and was wondering if the plants you talk about here are ok to plant in a pond outside that will have goldfish living there as well.

any help would be appreciated! ;)
thanks
lynn

·
Registered
134 Posts
well goldfish tend to eat some plants, but i a pond you have wonderful oppurunity , you can make pots nd grow over water plants, look up submeresed and emersd plants, you can find some good suggetions with those, I would say for the bottom where the goldfish will swim around, amazon swords cn be good, duckweed (they may munch on it buts its ok, ) and guppy gra, or anacharis might be good too, look into ome of your larger types of anabus, only buy one or 2 at 1st, see how they do with that plant, but if they do good with it those are great low light plants !! now long the dges, and in water pots your possiabitys are truly endless!! can you tell i wnt a pond ..LOL< but you can grow ferns, and parrots feher in boxes or rocks with dirt filled in them and water logged is fine for most ,... loo uo more on pond scaping then you can find most of your ploants right here in our plant finder !!! there are also terrium, or vivarium plants tht ill work well long te outside and in pots in the pond.. feel fre to ask me anything , an ait to see a pic !!!! Oh and welcome !!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for replying, i've been researching alotta plants and not alot say if there fish frendily, just dont want to get something that will hurt the lil fish.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts