Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Finally a got a good bunch of plants growing. Uncertain how to arrange them. The HOB has been removed. I has only been set up for a few days. I did in a rush at 2 am. It needs some changes. Any suggestions?

Plants are
Hornwort, in back
Hygrophila sunset on the right
Rotala Indica and Tonia in the middle
Bacopa carolina right of wood
Sagittaria subulata front

Left of wood
Carolina Fanwort 2 stems
Cryptocoryne balancae 2
Hygrophila difformis 1 stem
Java fern v needle

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I don't why but the picture got removed in previous thread.

·
Registered
232 Posts
It would depend on what kind of feel you are going for. Do you have a vision of what you want to do?

I see something really "dutch" looking with lots of big bushes of plants all trimmed to varying heights to create depth.

Charlie

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Look at photos of other tanks as well. See what kind of style you like. You need a hardscape in that tank. Rocks, wood, or a combination of both
I have looked through a lot of pictures. I like the right angle shape. Haven't seen any that have my plants.

Plants that are difficult to scape with are Hornwort and Hygro sunset.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Think I'm the only hornwort fan here. It does wonders keeping algea at bay, grows like a weed, etc. But, you right as far as scaping with it. I found it does pretty good as a background. I just let it grow for awhile then trim it good at the bottom restick the upper in the back and throw clippings in my out side pond. Feel the same way about Hygro Sunset, but the top growth is really nice for color.

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I don't why but I don't get notification of post from this forum

wrkucera that is funny!!! You made my day. I would prefer watching a goldfish grow and get big though for they are more colorful. They are bad about digging plants up though.

I am thinking of breaking it down and making a substrate with peat under it, for the Tonia is not doing well. My water is soft but alkaline. I am bit ill at present thus for now just going to put a bag of peat in the tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts