Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought this would make an interesting topic:

What is your favourite tank dimesions to aquascape with?
What is your favourite substrate and why? and
What are your favourite plants to use in an aquascape and why?

·
Registered
886 Posts
What is your favorite tank dimesions to aquascape with?
20 R (24x13x16). 2:1:1 is a good ratio to aquascape with. The smaller tank fits into the amount of time I have to invest into the tank. If I had more time I would like to try a 75 gallon.
What is your favorite substrate and why? and
Still experimenting with this. Flourite is the best I've used. I'm testing onyx sand for a better color. With my smaller tank I use smaller plants and eco complete's grain size seems too big. Onyx isn't really sand, but has a similar grain size to flourite.
What are your favorite plants to use in an aquascape and why?
Rotala indica. Sucks up nitrates and keeps things balanced. I also like Elatine, because it’s a neat plant.

·
Registered
645 Posts
36x20x20 or about 50gallons

EW castings under Florabase because its cheap and good for me

Rotala sp. green because i have spent a year trying to figure it out and refuse to admit it is a waste of time :) Otherwise Limnophila Aromatica because it grows very well for me and is a good greenish filler.

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
My favorite tank sizes are 15g (20x12x12) and 50g (36x16x16).

20g longs (36x12x12) also work well. I've grown to like panoramic aquarium layouts. :)

I don't have a favorite substrate. Still working on what works best for me.

My favorite plants to use in aquascaping? That is such a loaded question... I like:

Bolbitus, Anubias, Ammanias, Rotalas, Ludwigias, Didiplis, Hottonias, Hemianthus, Micranthemums, Bacopas, Blyxas, mosses, Heterantheras, Limnophilas... mostly, which is almost everything. :)

Carlos

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.