Aquatic Plant Forum banner
21 - 40 of 71 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
This is really cool man. Than You.

I agree with everyone that if it had the ability to add wood and rocks it would be awesome.

I'm going to use this to plan my new tank. Thanks again.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
This is really cool man. Than You.

I agree with everyone that if it had the ability to add wood and rocks it would be awesome.

I'm going to use this to plan my new tank. Thanks again.
Anyone got any links to good images of rocks and wood?

·
Registered
171 Posts
What do you mean by adding plants in 3d? do you mean like floating in the middle? why would you want that?
Well - if you want to have a way to put plants on rocks and driftwood or add height to the scape - like anubias on wood/rock and plants planted heigher than others - then you need to have that function - and in order to create debth you need height - also you might want to have a substrate that has some slooping...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Well - if you want to have a way to put plants on rocks and driftwood or add height to the scape - like anubias on wood/rock and plants planted heigher than others - then you need to have that function - and in order to create debth you need height - also you might want to have a substrate that has some slooping...
It would be great if we could plant on rocks or have slooping. Unfortunetly, I think it's too complicated for that simple tool.
Maybe in the version after the next one :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
Nifty tool.

How about some texture maps of simple substrates?
-sand (white, black, tan)
-Flourite
-bare glass

·
Registered
29 Posts
How about some more plants such as Tiger Lotus and Crypt Balansae. Those I noticed weren't there when I attempted my sketch yesterday.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I knew that someone would do that one day.
It will be a very very useful tool in the later versions I believe.
Do you want some pics to add into your database?
If so, please PM to me the resolution, size, type of plants or any other feature of the pictures which are required and/or missing.
Rotala macrandra, Ammania gracilis, for example, are the ones that I could not have found in the list.

By the way, not for the plants maybe, but it is very important for the rock and driftwood composition to make them turn around itself, and even to sketch them by the help of a few click. I believe that the width of the tank is not perceived correctly at some points of the perspective while orbiting. Is it due to the location of focal point of the perspective? What do you think?

Thank you for your great effort and sharing with us! Very good tool for aquascaping planning. Looking forward to using the later versions.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
I knew that someone would do that one day.
It will be a very very useful tool in the later versions I believe.
Do you want some pics to add into your database?
If so, please PM to me the resolution, size, type of plants or any other feature of the pictures which are required and/or missing.
Rotala macrandra, Ammania gracilis, for example, are the ones that I could not have found in the list.

By the way, not for the plants maybe, but it is very important for the rock and driftwood composition to make them turn around itself, and even to sketch them by the help of a few click. I believe that the width of the tank is not perceived correctly at some points of the perspective while orbiting. Is it due to the location of focal point of the perspective? What do you think?

Thank you for your great effort and sharing with us! Very good tool for aquascaping planning. Looking forward to using the later versions.
Thanks alot for your comments!

Any help with pictures will be great! I'll PM you later (when I get home... probably in the weekend). I think I mostly need more rocks and driftwood.

Rotating the rocks... how didn't I think of it? That's a good idea (and not so difficult to implement).
I'm not sure I understand what you mean by sketching the rocks...

There is no perspective. maybe that's the problem... I don't really see what you mean. Anyone else noticed that?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Rock design by yourself? ...
Yes, that's right. But I really don't have any idea whether the implementation of the third dimension would be easy or not. It may not be so easy to design an interface for the user to make him enable to draw, either.

Let's see what ofridagan will tell us.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
Letting the user to sketch the rocks sounds very complicated and not that necessary.
My goal was to develop a small and simple tool.
There is still some work to be done but I don't think I'm going to add more and more features that are not essential to the aquascape (for example, someone suggested me to provide more information about the plants... nice idea but I decided not to add it.

Version 2.0 will mostly include:

* A way to share your designs with your friends on the forum.
* Substrate.
* Hopefully, a more user-friendly inteface.
* more plants, rocks and wood.
* Fish???

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
I have just released version 2.0 of my little flash tool - AquaSketch

Well, it doesn't include all that I hoped (and promised), but it does include one important feature: You can now share your aquascape plannings!
I also added a few more plants, rocks and woods - which I'm going to continue.

Here are two examples of my first tries with the new saving feature:
Aquascape #1 - my small tank
Aquascape #2 - my big tank

Go ahead! experiment your aquascapes and... share.
Enjoy, ...and Let me know if you have any problems...

21 - 40 of 71 Posts