Aquatic Plant Forum banner

AquaSketch

23K views 70 replies 32 participants last post by  ofridagan 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Just wanted to share with you my last project - AquaSketch
It's a nice tool designed to help you with your aquascaping - by making a sketch of your plans.

It's only the first version and it's going to improve, so please tell me what you think and make any comments or suggestions.

#5 ·
Thanks for the quick reply!

maybe you could use real photos of the plants.
or add a few hardscape things.
I don't think real photos will look good.
I am thinking of adding rocks, roots and maybe filter-pipes and air-stone.

Some way of undoing after adding each plant might be good
it'd be nice if you could add plants right up to edges of the glass.
To remove a pot - ctrl+click on the pot in the map.
As for the edges - I'm aware of that problem, the idea was to prevent plants from poping out the sides of the aquarium.
If you use a smaller plant you can add pots more close to the edges.

Possibly have a feature to adjust the placement , other than to remove and replace.
Good idea....It requires a 'Select' mechanism - I'll think about it in the next version.

Thanks for all the compliments :oops:

#3 ·
Just had a play and it's very good. I like the ability to reduce the size of the plants when you add them and the ease of use. Some way of undoing after adding each plant might be good as when I went wrong I had to clear it all and start again - not too much of a hassle on a little tank but could be a pain on a large one!!! (maybe I missed that function!)

Like Berkley said hardscape would be good and it'd be nice if you could add plants right up to edges of the glass. I just tried to replicate my nano tank and there was this big gap all the way round! I don't suppose it'd be such an issue on a larger tank though.

Good job. :D

#10 · (Edited)
Wow, I wasn't expecting such great replies - It's nice to hear you like it.

zQ. I'm not sure I understand you. What do you mean by 'layout material'?

As for rocks and wood - I'm having some trouble finding the right images.
Any help with that will be great (preferably paintings - not photos).

#23 ·
What do you mean by adding plants in 3d? do you mean like floating in the middle? why would you want that?
Well - if you want to have a way to put plants on rocks and driftwood or add height to the scape - like anubias on wood/rock and plants planted heigher than others - then you need to have that function - and in order to create debth you need height - also you might want to have a substrate that has some slooping...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.