Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

If you check out this link, you will see one of Oliver's new designs for which he has used ADA AquaSoil Africana (powder). A picture tells a thousand words... the sequence is informative, not only with regard to the substrate.

Andrew Cribb

·
Banned
2,069 Posts
That's enough light IMO with good CO2/nutrients, there is also no shading by other plants and a decent reflector.

Regards,
Tom Barr

·
Registered
188 Posts
Very nice close ups, very nice HC. Oliver's HC leaflets look so much bigger then mine! =P~

Wow, is it ok to make use that much Aquasoil...I'm guess it's pushed up to at least 8" in the back corner.

·
Registered
44 Posts
This tank was more a "test-tank" or "new experience" tank

I get a pot from a new small Utricularia sort and want to test it in this tank.
And I have much space for a small other plant. So I choose HC, I don't know if it was enough light for this plant. I'am curious if it's grow well...or not :)

This was also the first time I use the AquaSoil Powder as main bottom.
Normaly I use it only as last layer over the normal AquaSoil.

Best regards,

Oliver Knott
www.plantella.com

·
Registered
426 Posts
Rolo said:
Very nice close ups, very nice HC. Oliver's HC leaflets look so much bigger then mine! =P~
I believe that's because they are emersed leaves. Please correct me if I'm wrong Oliver.

·
Registered
134 Posts
It is a shame they are not available in the US. It's actually the same for us in the UK. I looked into buying some from them and really act as a wholesaler in the UK but the sheer weight and quantities resulted in me not going ahead with it (no space left).

Anyway, you would be surprised at how reasonsable the prices were though and also what a wide range they have for not just rock but also wood.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Re: Oliver's new tank

Very well done Oliver, the tank looks great. But I'm jealous - the rocks are absolutely awesome.

James Purchase
Toronto

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks James,

but I'am not 100% satisfied with the Hemianthus grow...to many holes...hard to get a real carpet in this tank, especially in the right and left corners. I think the light is a little bit to less...but I try my best to get a better result.

Regards,

Oliver

1 - 15 of 15 Posts