Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Are you entering the Iron Aquascaper challenge?

• Absolutely!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't think so

• What's the Iron Aquascaper challenge?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
I dont think so :-( I really really want to, but at this point in time its just not feasable. Maybe if I get a job here real soon I can, but untill then I am kinda trying to just maintain all the tanks I have and not start anything new. I am keeping my fingers crossed though :)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Just too new at this.
Lot of the aquascaping I see looks kind of stiff and artificial too. Like my land gardening I prefer a lot of different color and texture in tight spaces. Cuts down on the weeding and provides a constantly changing view. A field of glosso is a field of glosso.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Maybe next time.
I do have an empty ten gallon in the attic, no light but I could improvise easily.
Moving soon if I can get an electrician out to the farmhouse. Just makes no sense to get all set up and tear it down in a short time.

Besides I'm working on my husband to get me a big tank once again.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I would like to but not this time. I don't have a 10 gallon, or the cash to do the entire set up. I am also moving in 2 months and I already have a 40 gallon to move. But I will try to be involved in some contests later on after I get re-established. :?

·
Registered
205 Posts
No.

Don't have a 10g, nor will I buy one and all it entails just for a contest.

(I wouldn't even come close to having a contest-worthy aquascape anyway)

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Folks,

Although we are running a contest, I consider this to be a learning experience for all of us. We will be offering workshops and advice as we progress to the deadline that will surely benefit all APC members not just the contestants.

So if you can't join the contest due to time or expense, just learn from the experience of the contestants. Maybe you'll decide to give it a shot next year. :wink:

Thanks for taking the time to post.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Woo hoo I got another job today! Finally! Its not what I would have preferred (im a computer tech) but at least its full time! I may just be able to enter the contest after all.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I think this contest format is a great idea! I won't be entering it this time around because I am remodeling (albeait slowly) and need to shuffle the existing 20 and 30 gallons from room to room. I've never entered one before, and am just starting out with the concept of aquascaping. I have tanks that grow plants (and hair algae), but nothing that I would consider an aquascape first-attempt.

·
Registered
169 Posts
iorn aquascaper challange

I'm not going to compete for two reasons. One is the content does'nt interest me enough, altho I'd be very interested to learn from others use of their plants and two, lack of time to devote to it.....Its a worthwhile challange tho and I wish everyone would show their tanks...Jimjim

·
Registered
10 Posts
just too busy to be able to enter. My work takes me all over queensland [aus] and i hardly have time to look after my 330 L tank !! :cry: still, i will watch the contest with interest and may the best tank win.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I actually like the idea of using plants that are cheap and readily available.
Might get some others interested.

I'm just not much of a contest person of any sort.

I am definately looking forward to seeing the results and pictures.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts