Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arthraxon hispidus is native to my home town. I've seen these before on one of my escapades. When it is a little warmer, I am definitely going back to collect some samples. This is why it is a good idea to keep a journal of locations you've been to. Or maybe it's just my OCD showing through... :mrgreen:

It's about time we give Asians and South Americans something to salivate over. After all, we've been dong it with their plants for years. [smilie=l:

[IMG]http://192.192.119.11/photo/charming/a0131.jpg[/IMG]

Photos courtesy of www.aqua-charming.com

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
It's all about the concept of exotica. What's exotic to one person is commonplace to another. It seems that many of our plants are adored by Asian aquarists and ignored by their indigenous counterparts... It's just another tool in the artists box of hues and textures.

If most often think of Takashi *Amano's* aquarium designs based on the "grassy fields of his youth". Sun, fresh air, grass waving in the aquatic wind.... nice thoughts. In North America, what might be our counterpart of that? I have been wondering of late.

Andrew

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
If we ignore the parts of the U.S. paved over and covered with litter, we would have a forest for most of east central North America. I have seen a few planted tanks that resemble the paved and littered part. :-& For forests, I suppose that large swords or Hygrophila corymbosa with shade tolerant plants below might be appropriate.

·
Registered
4,700 Posts
Can anybody comment on how difficult or easy it is to grow Arthraxon submersed?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts