I found that ryuken168 (Ken) had setup some beautiful looking tanks. One of those won an award on AGA (http://showcase.aquatic-gardeners.org/?&op=showcase&category=0&vol=0&id=42
I would like to ask Ken some questions and hope that everyone will benefit from it.
I am starting a 10G setup that I want to look just like Ken's (I hope)
Here are questions that I have:
1. What do you think about HOB filters such as AquaClear for this setup - it does not create much agitation if I keep water level up there?
2. I have bought the CO2 system with ladder diffuser (fermentation type from Hagen I think) do you think that that would be sufficient?
3. I know you have used a piece of drift wood and petrified wood. I know that something has got to be on the left and on the right of the tank for the plants to be that high, where is which piece and how did you fasten plants to it?
4. Where would I go to get the plants that you used? LFS? online?
5. Lighting. I currently have an incandescent strip where I can put 1 or 2 CF bulbs. I have 2 23W 5000K bulbs, but I was leaning toward using either 1 23W or 23W + 11W. Since they are facing opposite directions, one side of the tank may be lit with 23 and another with 11. Do you think that would not be good or with such a small tank that would not matter?
All in all it would be great to read a recipe from you.