Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is stapling a reasonable approach to getting narrow leaf java fern to attach to wood?

I recently tried stapling some Tropica Windluv to a piece of wood and it came loose before it could grip. However, a piece that was tied to wood is gripping nicely. I want to do this with the short leaf variety of narrow leaf java fern, if it makes any difference.

Thanks,
Jay Reeves

·
Registered
645 Posts
I use the magnesium zinc strips Lowcaster sends me with plants. Its fast an easy and as far as i know safe for the tank.

·
Premium Member
5,448 Posts
You can also use cotton thread to tie it to the wood. If you're in a co2, decent light environment, the plants should attach by the time the cotton disintegrates. If you have a low light system, I would suggest a rubber band which you can easily cut once attachment occurs.

Bert.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, as it happens it is a low light environment. The wood I want to attach to is about 16" long and 1.5" to 2" diameter. Sounds like it could be a fireplace log. :shock: Because of the size I was thinking stapling would be easy and quick. I may use polyester thread and cut it off later. That has always worked in the past.

Thanks,
Jay

1 - 4 of 4 Posts