Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
I have used this forum for many years, and no attacks have ever occurred. If anything, it may have been attacked by people wanting our mailing list. Or, I have been lucky.

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
i use internet explorer and haven't seen any warnings.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I told my browser to ignore it and it hasn't popped up again. It maybe picking up on something in an ad.

I can't imagine an aquarium oriented site is going to be real high on any hackers list.

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
I told my browser to ignore it and it hasn't popped up again. It maybe picking up on something in an ad.

I can't imagine an aquarium oriented site is going to be real high on any hackers list.
Aw, I thought we were really important to the world.:(

·
Banned
2,631 Posts
hmmm hasn't happened to me just yet, im the lucky wan i guess LOL

·
Super Moderator
5,831 Posts
Were any of you on a particular forum or post when this happened, or did it occur as soon as you logged on to the site?

·
Super Moderator
7,436 Posts
I use the "New Posts" search button, on the blue band at the top. I had 2 new posts, and was reading one of them. When I clicked the second one I got the red page. I clicked it off, and repeated the same process, getting the red page again. I think it repeated a 3rd time when I got the screen shot of it. An hour or so later I tried to find the particular "new post" to see if it was still doing it, and couldn't find it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This IS an attack site!!! It attacks your brain and makes you think (most of the time) I use Google Chrome and Firefox and never had an issue been on here for around a year now

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
362 Posts
I'm getting the same error. I don't think it's due to ads as the same ad that is on the page I got the warning, are the same ad currently on this page and I'm not getting a warning here. It's normally due to someone posting a list that is connected to a malware site so your browser flags the whole instead of just that link. This doesn't seem to be the case here, however. Are there other pages you can link us to that are giving the same errors? I want to get a few so I can send a ticket to our tech team and get them to look into why they're being flagged.

Niall

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have had this problem but for my one email account -while using Chrome. Using Opera it doesn't happen. (Problem started about Monday)
Tried resetting stuff, no help. Went over to Opera and have no problems. It's a browser issue of some sort, I think, not an actual attack.
Try going in using a different browser.

·
Administrator
362 Posts
The ticket for this issue is now showing as 'resolved' so I thin our technical team went in and did something to fix the problem. Please keep us posted if you come across any other "attack site" or malware flags.

Cheers,

Erik

1 - 20 of 35 Posts