Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those who haven't heard, our fearless leader, Michael, has gone off to California in search of a Master's degree. We wish him the best of luck, so he better hurry up and finish with the learning and get back here soon.

In the meantime, I've been appointed Acting President of CAPE, because someone has to organize our sorry crew of aquatic plant nuts. :mrgreen: Please forward all suggestions or club-related idea to me at [email protected] - or, just post them on our nice board here.

Anyway, our August meeting will be taking place on the 20th, AKA this Saturday, in New Haven. Prior to migrating to the opposite coast, Michael kindly arranged for us to attend a workshop on invasive aquatic plants with Gregory J. Bugbee at the Connecticut Agricultural Experiment Station (CAES), which is located at 123 Huntington Street, New Haven, CT. As such, we'll all be meeting there at 2pm this weekend. Other than learning what plants are banned in CT, the station also has a number of aquatic species (native and invasive) in cultivation for experimental purposes.

So, hopefully I'll see y'all in New Haven this weekend. If anyone near Fairfield wants to carpool, I'll be leaving my place at about 1pm.

Please let me know here if you're planning to attend. :)

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Okay, well, I unfortunately woke up this morning all sick and yucky, so apparently I will not be going on this mission after all. Can someone please go, though (I've got no response here, but am hoping someone just forgot to respond and is planning to go!), and thank the CAES peeps for me and stuff? And let me know how it was?

·
Premium Member
1,696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have yet to hear if anyone attended, unfortunately.

I was all game for going, too, but then I woke up Saturday morning with a spontaneous case of conjunctivitis. Because that is how my luck works. So anyway, contagions aside, the whole one-eye-not working thing left me incapable of driving to NH in the first place

I just hope we didn't end up accidentally having stood up the CAES people; maybe we can send them an apology note and some nice rare aquatic plant specimens or something if we did?

·
Registered
219 Posts
Oh no, I hope someone showed up, thought I doubt it.

I like Asuka's idea of sending them a note and perhaps some plant offerings.

-T

·
Registered
147 Posts
Hey guys, this is Luke. I'm pretty new to planted tanks in general, but I'd like to come to your meetings sometime if you have another. I live in Milford but I have a vehicle so location is not an issue.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts