Aquatic Plant Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
General description:

The Azoo regulator connects to US CO2 bottles without the need for any special adaptor. The body of the regulator is chrome plated. Once the CO2 cylinder is connected, you have nothing to adjust except the needle valve. Unlike the Milwaukee regulator, you do not have to adjust the output pressure. The regulator is designed to give a steady output pressure suitable for delivery to the needle valve. The needle valve can be adjusted down to 6 bubbles per minute, according to the manufacturer. The 115V solenoid has a 3' power cord.

=====

I bought this regulator to install on a #5 CO2 cylinder that is in a low height cabinet under an aquarium. It does the job very well, since it does not come with a bubble counter (which usually adds to the height of a regulator).

This is a small-size, well-designed CO2 regulator which I use to run CO2 directly into the inlet of an Eheim 2224 canister filter. When you can see the bubbles going into the filter intake, you have no need of a bubble counter. I installed a check valve on the CO2 line to ensure water does not siphon back into the solenoid.

I paid highly for this regulator - but you can buy it for about $69.00 at aquaticeco.com

Andrew Cribb

Rating9
ProsSmall size, sensitive needle halve, solenoid
Cons-
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
256 Posts
Been using this regulator for about 18 months now, and have no issues with it whatsoever. A truly \"fire-and-forget\" product, the Azoo automatically regulates the CO2 pressure, all you have to do is set the needle valve. The lowest number of BPS I\'ve reached is 1 every 2 seconds as a test, but I don\'t think you would have a problem getting 6 bpMinute with some careful tuning.

I will be purchasing an additional Azoo regulator for my 55 gallon farm when I can.

Rating8
Pros\"fire-and-forget\"
ConsDoes not come with a bubble counter
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
567 Posts
I really love this regulator, even though it is a simple regulator. It takes the pain out of all those other nifty gadgets. Plain and simple, to use. A good product, with no worries.

Rating9
ProsCheap and worth the price! Easy to use.
ConsI' always fijiting with the knob, that controls the amt of Co2 coming out of the regulator (don't know what it's called).
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have to say, I was totally unimpressed with this regulator when I first got it. The pressure kept dropping no matter what I did. I increased the pressure to 40psi (it's supposedly set for you but you can adjust the screw on the front) and I would still come home from work to no bubbles at all and 10-20psi. I've heard from several others on the forum that they've had similar issues with this regulator.

Finally, about a month later, it has stabilized and I'm having no problems at all. It's been running for a week now with no pressure drops. I also like the needle valve on this regulator, which is large, easy to turn (no pliars necessary!), and not finicky at all. I like the fact that you can attach any bubble counter with tubing and your own check valve, rather than using the one that comes with the package and only being able to use that brand/type. That way you can select your own and not worry about it being the right size or male/female connector to screw on.

Now that it's up and running smoothly, I'm really enjoying the Azoo regulator. So if you are willing to deal with potential pressure problems at first, it's worth it to save some money.

Side note: If you're thinking of buying this regulator, I would not recommend buying the package regulator deal from Drs. Foster & Smith. The bubble counter that comes with it is a piece of junk, as is the cheap diffusor. I had to replace the bubble counter already due to leakage since the day I hooked it up.

Rating8
Prosprice, ease of use, needle valve
Conspressure problems
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Though it doesn't include a bubble counter, one really doesn't need it. This regulator is simply to use, and setting the pressure (bubble count) with the needle valve is simple and easy. Some folks have experienced a wandering pressure in the beginning, but I haven't experienced that with the 2 that I have on a solenoid timer. I highly recommend this regulator. I got mine from Drsfostersmith.com. For more details, http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/forumapc/equipment/14783-my-co2-azoo-regulator-experience.html

-John N.

Rating10
ProsEasy to install, set it and forget it
ConsNothing really, no included bubble counter
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've been using one of these on my 125gal for about 18months with no problems at all. I haven't used any other regulators before so can't compare. I recently set up a 24 gal Aquapod and decided to buy another since the first served me well. No regrets.

Rating9
ProsPrice, no integrated bubble counter
Constemperature sensitivity of needle valve
Would you recommend?yes

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've had this pressure regulator working for about three weeks now it works great. The solenoid allows me to plug it into a timer and deliver CO2 to my plants only when the lights are on. My plants are growing like crazy now. You should also have a diffuser, a bubble counter and a timer to get the most out of this set up. I purchased a 5-pound cylinder of CO2 from my local welding supply store and it threaded right on with no problems. Iwill be purchasing another set up like this for another tank in the near future.

Jill
----------------------------------------
Sticker Printing | Realtor Marketing | Printing Services

Rating8
ProsGood Value, Easy to Use
Conswish it would have came with tubing.
Would you recommend?yes

1 - 11 of 11 Posts