Aquatic Plant Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We set up a 30 RAOK tank for my 88yr friend, her son does the week to week water changes and somehow did not remember the conversation about Brig's snail egg clutches. We have no less that 100, I fished out 50+ yesterday.

I need to find homes for these ASAP I have never shipped anything!! No heat pack or breathing bags. They are golden yellow with a chocolate center. To make matters worse my long awaited purple cross of Brigs hatched this AM to I am totally out of ability to deal with more babies.
I will need help with calculating shipping costs and packaging. I want them to go to good homes. You will need to pay shipping and any incidents that are incurred with shipping. I would think that is minor!!! They are about the size of a small pea. They would have to go to areas where cold is not an issue.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not any more as of 1-1-09 USDA amended that policy. Cannas need permit. Brig's are no longer permitted.
This is something that was long overdue.
Thanks if you want some Brig's please let me know...

·
Registered
55 Posts
I am interested.
Let me know the details about shipping once you have them .
I am at zip code 27606.

Thanks,

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Have ordered breathing bags & boxes so should be here this week. Will let everyone know. Will also take into account weather, if we are in the midst of another Ice store etc will ship around that time frame.
Thank You Karen

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ok this AM I was greeted by no less that 15 baby guppies!!! I anyone is close to Fort Worth that wants them please let me know.
Thank You
Still waiting on breathing bags & box's.

·
Registered
173 Posts
what is a baby brig snail? i might be interested

note: just figured it out sorry but i need ones that are not going to chew up my plants :(

·
Registered
64 Posts
Don't worry, brig snails will only eat dying or rotten plants, certain other apple snails will eat healthy plants, but not brigs

·
Registered
173 Posts
my tank is suffering so i think they'd chow down on all of it lol

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have ordered & received all the shipping & packing materials.
Just one little problem, I have injured a Disk in my back. I am not real mobile. As the saying goes "I am flat on my back"
Realistically there is no way to attempt a mail out for Monday. Will just have to see how next week goes.
Thank You all for understanding.
Karen

·
Premium Member
1,403 Posts
Just let me know when you want me to send for the shipping. I hope your back feels better, from one back pain to another. :yield:

I have ordered & received all the shipping & packing materials.
Just one little problem, I have injured a Disk in my back. I am not real mobile. As the saying goes "I am flat on my back"
Realistically there is no way to attempt a mail out for Monday. Will just have to see how next week goes.
Thank You all for understanding.
Karen

·
Registered
134 Posts
O, man do I KNOW that pain !! hope you feel better soon !!! def take your pain meds, and take MOTRIN< it is the lifesaver, I promise !! I have several dieseases in my back & spine and suffer from severe pain everyday . the best thing is a steriod shot if you havent had one in awhile . that works wonders. get well soon !! sounds like you do alot of good for a lot of people and they need you up on your feets ~~~ lol

I am sending PM about your snails, & maybye some gupps too :) ~~

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Ok I am up and out and about as they say a little. Went to a gallery night with some here on APC toward the end was about ready to scream.... I think it was the standing on concrete. But overall I am felling a lot better.
I am preparing to send out a few packages this week. Still have to carry them!!!
The snails are getting so big about the size of a large pea to up to nickel size.
Shipping should run priority mail 7x7x6, heat packs are 72 hrs 2.00.
Thank You for your patience.
Karen
Can also throw in some Ramshorns if needed. Just give me a count.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I am down to my last few baby snails is anyone is interested just let me know.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.