Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im in the midst of a blackout to take care of an algae problem on my glosso, but this morning as I was about to dose my ferts and excel, I took a peek under the blanket and noticed some tiny round white creatures moving along on the glass. My assumption is that they're baby snails, as my tank seems to have an infestation. I had never seen them out and about while the tank was lit.. Am I likely correct in assuming this, or are there other little round white creatures that climb the glass of aquariums in the dark?

·
Premium Member
4,877 Posts
Sounds like baby snails to me. What kinds of snails do you have? (Ramshorn, trumpet, pond...?)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've no idea what sort of snails these are, but they don't seem to be eating my plants, as I would have noticed a lot of nibbles on leaves with the amount of snails I seem to be housing. These little white creatures seem to move a little more quickly than my adult snails though. Do the baby snails have better movement, or could they be something else?

·
Premium Member
7,475 Posts
Could be copepods. They appear as pinhead size white dots moving on glass. If so they are harmless scavengers. They can be removed during water changes.

·
Registered
17 Posts
dont worry about them i had them when i first uad my java moss and now i havent seen them in months....

p.s baby fry will eat em

1 - 5 of 5 Posts