Aquatic Plant Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few weeks ago I ordered yellow shrimp from a hobbyist and they were in excellent shape. No major losses and today I found several baby yellow shrimp. I love shrimp- so cool.
wilma

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes they are light yellow, when small. I had previously seen a female carry eggs. It was surprise to see the babies, falling out of the subwassertang when I moved it around.
wilma

·
Registered
490 Posts
Thats great. BTW how long did you wait. I had several preggo yellows for a long time now. It seems to be over a month but I didn't really keep track of how long it took.

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Yellow baby shrimp are awesome, and yes they are very small. It took my batch about a month before I saw any babies. I've got about 10+ or so newborns and hopefully they will continue to populate.

Congrats!

·
Registered
125 Posts
congratz on your yellow shrimps! I gotta question about them. I bought some yellow shrimps about a good month ago and now they are mature. I can see a good amount of females with eggs. I know that I have both sexes as I can see the males swimming like crazy. Now my question is where are the babies? I still see females holding eggs but I also notice some females with like 5-7 eggs. Is she dropping them or is something eating them? My tank only consist of the yellow shrimp and snails. Also, I used sponge filter to cover my filter tube. Sorry if this is H-jacking your thread.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
My set-up of the yellow shrimp consist of 5 pygmy corys, a few horned snails, red ramshorns and it is a 10 gallon tank, I have a Duetto filter. It has potted crypts, lots of subwassertang, some moss. I do have pool sand substrate. I wonder if the baibies are dying.
wilma

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I purchased them from a person on here or planted tank forum.
I will check my records and see if I can find the info.
wilma

1 - 12 of 12 Posts